Thursday, February 27, 2003

Feedback & Stinky Boots
For some reason my neighbour left a stinky old pair of workboots out by the curb on Monday. I'm guessing they were either so stinky he couldn't wait 48 hours until garbage day, or he actually thought someone would take them home. Now, I'm not afraid to admit that in my time I did a fair bit of dumpster diving. When your a student and poor its the best way to furnish your apartment. We used to drive around the rich areas of town on garbage day and see what could be found. When I moved into my first apartment I found a beautiful round glass coffee table, two armchairs, and a bookshelf in one night. A few yards of nice fabric and a staple gun were all it took to cover the chairs, and the bookshelf and coffee table were good to go after a minor cleaning. That being said, I never pulled stinky old workboots out of the garbage.

On a final note I want to thank all the people who have been writing in about this site and sharing their stupid neighbour stories. When I have some spare time I'm going to create a few new sections and a will post all the pictures people have sent.

No comments: