Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Eastinurban writes:

I just need a suggestion, I have a neighbor that plays her music too loud. Christmas day the bass from her stereo knocked a picture off my wall. I hammer the picture back on the wall. You know what this heffier did? She called the apartment manager on me.

Now prior to this incident I have tried to ask her to turn it down but she just does not answer the door. I once called the police and again she did not answer the door. The she told my son she was going to dot my eye if the cops were called again.

Now I live in a predominantly black neighborhood and I am not black. I have however lived here 16 years. I never have had a problem like this! I have had my windshield smashed in, window broken and egged but never anything as annoying as this.

I know if I call the Police my tires probably will be slashed or worse. Management refuses to do anything about it what now what can I do. It is now April and I don't know what to do.

Ca1v1n replies:

I would think your best bet is to play similar music. If she is playing hip-hop then break out some serious gangsta rap. How about Dr. Dre's 1992 classic 'The Chronic' which should be in the collection of every white person in America? Buy yourself a Raiders cap and some baggy khakhi pants (make sure they have a cuff and a crease).

But seriously... I once had a neighbour who was always complaining about my music. I tried to be slightly respectful, keeping the volume down after 11pm and I never really cranked the stereo unless they were at work.

One day I was listening to the new Eminem album at top volume. It was during the day, I knew he was at work because his car wasn't in the parking lot out front of the building. Turned out his girlfriend (or the ho' from the night before at least) was still in his apartment. She knocked on the door and complained about the music. I turned it down. She knocked again and complained. I thought she couldn't be serious so I questioned how loud could it possibly be? She invited me into their apartment and I must admit I was suprised, the sound was louder then I thought it would be.

So my suggestion? Next time she is cranking the music invite her over to your pad. Be nice about it. Have her sit down on your couch and show her how difficult it is for you to watch Dancing with the Stars with the sound coming thru the wall. Take this time to get to know each other and bury the hatchet (I recommend a nice blunt to ease the tension). The whole point is that you want your neighbour to think twice before they crank their stereo the next time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My personal favorites are to blast polkas, Halloween sound tapes, etc. with a timer set on the stereo to start going 15 minutes after I leave for work. Also have favorite show tunes from "Showboat." Old Man River is great to wake up to.

Anonymous said...

I have dog people for neighbors.They have 3 or 4.All are barkers and crappers.They bark at everything and the poop just sits
in the yard.The houses are close and I am now out of my mind.At christmas I opened the window and let the carols of the barking dogs
play.

Janie said...

I would suggest getting together with your neighbors and all going to the apt. manager. Tell them that most families and single ppl do not like living in a building with constant noise. The only other solution is to move. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I have to kid neighbros 11 and 9 and they put their heads over the fence and spy on me it is so annoying! I yell at them all the time but they never stop but this lady just call the police make them check her for drugs.

mardie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mardie said...

i have a neighbor who inherited her house from her loser parents. she calls the cops on me scream obscenitites at me and has now taught her children to give me the finger she tells all the little kids in the neighborhood that my husband is an alcoholic. we are basically quiet christian people no parties no drinking or drugging that goes for our kids also we work pay our bills and try to live a clean good life i don't know why she hates me so some neighbors have suggested that she has issues from her childhood one can only guess i tried to make peace with her once because i was going through cancer treatment and needed some sanity to know avail she told me she too had cancer, and pointed to her crouch and said you know down there